Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Bearhawk Factory visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bearhawk Factory visit

Hi all, I just had the pleasure of spending 2 days with Mark at the factory in Mexico. It was an incredible experience all around. Mark is a fantastic host and the “real Mexico” education was an eye opener. Spending time at the factory did many things for me but I suppose mostly validated the quality and the design that is “Bearhawk”. 17 men and a young lady work very consistently and the care that goes into each part was impressive. The smiles and family like atmosphere was really nice to see. There a very proud group..As I watched various stages of fabrication, I couldnt help but smile and feel very good about flying one of these extremely well built machines. Thankyou very much Mark. Not only for inviting me down to Mexico but for producing the kits of an incredible aircraft from Mr.Barrows designs. If anyone’s interested in what Bearhawk CANADA is up to,,Ive posted pics on my Instagram ( Bearhawk_aircraft),the Bearhawk builders Facebook page as well as Bearhawk Canada facebook

It was a pleasure to have Mike visit. We do not get that many visitors, and introducing Mike to Mexico was fun. I hope he does not mind me disclosing this but I had to show him how to eat a corn tortilla. Not a lot of that in rural Saskatchewan. I kept telling the guys down there how at Mike home it was -35 C below zero, and heating up in the afternoon to -24 C below zero. They found that pretty incredible.

I have tried to share here a couple pics from the factory. One shows a piece of tooling that they had made since my last trip - the aluminum "frame" they put around a rib with drill guides for all the vertical stiffener angles. The other pic is just a heavy piece of steel with a slat in one side clamped on tubing to keep things straight when gas welding. Mark
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hey everyone,, I’ve uploaded some more pics of the Factory visit
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 10 photos.

Comment

image_5721.jpg

Those are some nice looking nose ribs, how long has the factory been doing the mini flange around the nose of the rib.
        Last edited by way_up_north; 01-25-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X