Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wire/tubing routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire/tubing routing

I am curious about how those who have a Dynon or similar system routed all the wiring and pitot, static and AOA tubing. The pitot and AOA tubing of course come from the wing so I assume the best way is down the front post to behind the panel. Also the wiring for the wing lights and aux. fuel tanks i planned to run down these posts as well. Is there enough room to do this and is it ok to run the wiring alongside the fuel lines in this location as long as they are properly wrapped and secured? Thanks for any input.

I put the Skyview ADHRS boxes in the wing root between the fuel tank and the fuselage, so the only line going from the fuselage to the wing is the AOA. A single skyview network cable goes to those boxes, then another one carries on to the wingtip where the magnet sensor is. The post has room for as much as you care to build a shroud around. In my case there is the fuel line, the Dynon line, one RG400 coax, and half a dozen other miscelaneous wires.

Comment

I ran the pitot, fuel pump wires, landing light and nav strobe wires in the “D” section ahead of the front spar. I ran the wires for the magnetic head behind the rear spar. I positioned the magnetic head as far from my LED nav strobes as I could get out at the wing tip.

Comment

We ran a 3/4" light wall tube the length of both wings in the nose rib for wiring conduit. We doubled the conduit from the pitot location to the wing root for pitot & AoA tubing. Made it easier to run wires post construction. I used shielded wire in the wings and pretty much every where. The strobes are Aveo Ultra LEDs that have the strobes built into the light so there is no strobe power pack. The lights are connected with a common wire to synchronize the strobes. I used 4 conductor for the strobes and have a square Seal-All connector at the wing root to allow the cable to be separated if the wing needs to come off. I used a flat Seal-All connector at the wing root for the Dynon compass so there is no possibility of crossing the wires. I ran the grounds in the multi conductors to the fuselage to keep it electrically clean. (IMHO) It all is working well so content with that.

Here are a couple pics that show my version of conduit brackets & the conduit splice. Our wires, tubing etc run down the windshield post sharing the same tabs as the fuel lines. They are visible. If a person gave it some fore thought they could put tabs on the windshield post and put a trim moulding to conceal the busy corner for UV protection & to get a clean look.

Glenn
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Glenn Patterson; 03-23-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X