Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Barrows LSA accident yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Get well Bob
      Just saw this on kitplanes - hope you are not in too much discomfort. A big shock for everyone.
      Peter - 4 place Australia

Comment

Wow, so scary but glad his injuries were not terribly severe! My family will be praying. Speedy recovery Bob!
        John Wiltberger
        Model B - #1544B
        Maricopa, AZ

Comment

I’m happy to hear he will recover. Thoughts and prayers are with you Bob.

Comment

Best wishes for a complete recovery.
            Long live Bob Barrows and the Bearhawk LSA!
            Frank Forney
            Englewood CO
            https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
            EAA Chapter 301

Comment

FYI - I just spoke with Bob and he sounded pretty good. He is drugged up for the pain but was still joking around with me. He is of course worried about being able to fly again. But I encouraged him to let the doctors do their work and let the therapy get him going again.

He said the wire he hit was new since the last time he had flown into this grass trip. No balls on it, and it was hidden by trees. He said the airport had been bugging the power company to put some balls on the wire, but they had not done so. Mark

Comment

Thanks for the update Mark. It is good to hear that Bob is in good spirits, that’s half the battle.

Comment

Thanks for the update Mark. So sad to hear! I'm sure Bob will make a great recovery and be back flying. My family and I are praying for him.
                  Bobby Stokes
                  4-Place Kit Builder
                  Queen Creek, AZ
                  http://azbearhawk.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, glad to hear he's ok!
                    Dave B.
                    Plane Grips Co.
                    www.planegrips.com

Comment

Sorry for your troubles Bob, Godspeed and I look forward to hearing you share your experience when you are ready. I know you tend to be a private fellow but this is a lesson for all of us - not just Bearhawk fans. If the plane is recoverable your brand will not be diminished by documenting the path to recovery for you and the plane. If the plane is a write -off and you are here to share the tale that is worth sharing as well.
                      I will be buying my plans this week, if that helps you feel better...

Comment

So glad to hear that Bob will be ok, a testament to his design!
                        Steve Busby
                        www.aeroliteflight.ca

Comment

Bob, best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.
                          May I recommend any future crashworthiness testing be unmanned?!?
                          The results speak highly for your design.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Sounds quite positive!

Comment

Best wished to Bob. Thanks for the update. Good point about steel tube fuselage crashworthiness strength. That is a major reason I fly a Bearhawk.

Comment

When I was a kid I worked for George Evans at Flabob building Skybolts. Up in the rafters of the hanger I worked in was the ramains of Bob Herendeen's Pitts Special that he crashed at the Reno air races. That welded tube structure was MANGELED. Bob was severely injured but lived to fly again. Every day I looked at that fuselage and marveled that anybody could survive such an impact. I'm a believer. I wish Bob a full and speedy recovery.
                                Gerry
                                Patrol#30 Wings

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                                  Mark Goldberg commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks Gerry. I just texted your comments to Bob. Mark
                              Working...
                              X