Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby

Since I am new I was wondering if there is a list of people who build bearhawks for other people who do not have the time to do so but want to have one. I just thought if there was a list buried in in past posts it would save me a lot of time looking for one.Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! That's not something that is allowed, at least not in the US. I think you are on the right track by being here, and by posting the wanted ad for a completed and flying airplane. If there's anyone on the fence about selling theirs, maybe you'll be able to connect!

Comment

Thanks, I did not know that. I just figured there were guys that just like to build them and not necessarily fly them and sell them when they get finished. Maybe someone will have one for sale due to other reasons like getting older, or buying a different aircraft? I did see that you do transitioning training so if I find one I will get a hold of you.....thanks again.
      Peter

Comment

Yes indeed, the way it works out is that we are given the freedom to make our own parts, do our own maintenance without an A&P, etc. But in return we give up the option to build our use the airplanes for any purposes other than our education and recreation. The FAA doesn't want homebuilts to be confused with type-certificated airplanes and they get a major case of the ants-in-the-pants when it happens and they know about it. Once it has an airworthiness certificate, it can be sold. While it is technically legal for someone to build the airplane and then sell it, it is definitely not legal for the new buyer to be listed as the builder so that he can get a repairman certificate for the yearly condition inspection. There are folks that have tried this and some have gotten away with it, but what we want to strive for here is to lean towards the intent of the rules, so that we can protect the hobby that we love and not be seen as a place where folks coordinate intentional rule violations, if that makes sense. But having said all of that, we do welcome transactions that fall under the spirit of the rules, including the reasons you list like getting out of flying, getting bored with flying (because building is more fun), wanting to fund the next project, etc.

I can offer transition training in the 4-Place but as of now I don't know of anyone set up to do it in a Patrol. If you are buying a flying airplane, it's no problem to just hire a local flight instructor to check you out in the new airplane. The transition training fills the void when you have a new one to test fly and want or need to get some time in type before the first flight. For an airplane out of the Phase 1 hours, it's much easier just to round up someone local that you like.

Comment

I understand. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully there may be someone on here ready to sell at some point.
          Thanks, Peter

Comment

Working...
          X