Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice from those who know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zkelley2 View Post

So your spouse, you, the dog and bags into 700ftx15ft undulating strips or that same load into a paved runway or a putting green of a grass runway? Makes a big difference. Also what's the expected density altitude?
    Most likely we will be using paved runways or normal grass runways. I don't see us doing much in the way of bush flying.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinDeMarco View Post

Most likely we will be using paved runways or normal grass runways. I don't see us doing much in the way of bush flying.
      If you're not going to be putting people or a LOT of stuff in the back you don't need the 5. I can put 3 people and gear in mine before I run out of CG. The limiting factor on the airplane is CG, not weight. And for your mission you really don't need a 500ft takeoff, so why pay for it? The 360 would be fine unless you plan on flying really high to take advantage of greater TAS.

OTOH, if your mission was my mission, I'd have built an RV10 or a velocity or something like that.

Comment

Working...
      X