Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Bearhawk to 'Try on'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Bearhawk to 'Try on'

Hi All,

I'm trying to narrow down my short list of aircraft I'd like to look at building. However, I have never even sat in a Bearhawk and would like to see if I could find one that I could 'try on'. I'm mostly focusing on a Patrol, but may consider a 4 place. However I am having trouble finding one near me that's far enough along in the build process to go visit.

If there is anyone from Western Kansas, to Omaha, to St. Louis, to Ok City (or passing thru on the way to Sun-N-Fun) who's far enough along and would consider letting me sit in it, I would greatly appreciate it. I could make that drive pretty easy. Beyond that range wouldn't be a problem, but it'll be a couple three months before my certified aircraft is complete where I can take the longer trips.

Thanks for anyone that might offer any suggestions!

Victor

Collin Campbell in Bolivar, MO would be a good person to visit. Look at the builder map on this website for his contact info.

Comment

Thanks David, I already tried Collin. He doesn't have his Patrol anymore. Also tried a couple others who aren't on the builder's map and they're not that far along yet. The search continues.

Comment

Well if you can't find anyone to give you a look nearby, based upon your timeline, sounds like you're gonna need to just go ahead make the pilgrimage to Osh this year.
        Todd Stovall
        PP ASEL - IA
        RV-10 N728TT - Flying

Comment

Yep, your probably right. I've been hoping to get to the point where I can make a decision sooner than later as I'm hearing reports of 18 months backlog on some kits. Oh, well on the bright side it'll give me more time to get the runway graded and ready after "buying the farm".

Comment

• auburntsts
            auburntsts commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel ya. I'm kinda in the same boat except I'm interested in a 5 and want to get in on an available kit production slot sooner rather than later, IF, once we see a 4-place up close (won't be able to see the only 5 until Osh) to see if BH's checks off all the boxes. We're fortunate in that Rob Caldweld and Jared have both graciously offered for us to fly up this weekend to check out their planes. So we shall see......

The cabin size of the Patrol and LSA are very similar. Collin may have an LSA or two.

Comment

Thanks Jared & Todd, I'll see what I can do. And yes, a guy I know has decided on the 5 as well, I think he got to see it when it was at Collin's. He's waiting to get started too, but I think he said the production plans are still being finalized. So you're not too far behind.

Comment

• auburntsts
              auburntsts commented
              Editing a comment
              The 5 kits started shipping back in the Fall and there's at least 4 being built that I know of. I had an email conversation with Mark a few weeks ago and at that time there were still some late summer 5 QB kit delivery slots still open. That what's driving our urgency to see a BH up close sooner rather than later. On paper the 5 is the plane for us, but the proof, at least as far as the CFO is concerned, is whether the BH measures up to what she wants in person. If it does we want to get things in motion as we're going to have to sell our current plane to completely fund the new one.
          Working...
          X