Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Channel for Build Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Channel for Build Logs

Do you have a build log website, or a thread here telling the story of your build? Now you can make a post in this new forum: https://bearhawkforums.com/forum/bearhawk-building-logs

The idea is that each build log gets its own thread. You can select a prefix for the post to correspond to the build type (4-place, Patrol, etc) and in the end newcomers will have a handy index to see several build logs.

I've posted a link to mine as an example.
    Last edited by jaredyates; 11-24-2022, 10:20 AM.

Great idea! If I may make a suggestion (although it may not be as big a deal with this audience)...

There is a similar feature at homebuiltairplanes.com (HBA), but it's a one-way conversation. The only person that can post to the thread is the OP. HBA is a place where things get off-topic quickly and it can pollute a perfectly good build log with unnecessary bloat. This is a good way to keep the conversation from getting away from itself, and it offers a streamlined view into the build process. And if the builder wishes to solicit comments on a particular build phase, he/she can do so in a separate thread in the appropriate section.

As I said, this crew doesn't veer off topic too often, so it may be a non-issue.

Appreciate the new feature!
    ~Chris
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I like this idea Jared. I'll post mine but first trying to figure out the prefix thing. I don't see any options?

Screenshot_20221128-165218.png
      Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
        I like this idea Jared. I'll post mine but first trying to figure out the prefix thing. I don't see any options?

Screenshot_20221128-165218.png
        Thank you for bringing this up, I've found the source of the problem and I think I have fixed it now. The same problem was applying to prefixes in the Completed Bearhawks channel and the For Sale channel but all should be working as of now, let me know if not. I've updated the already-posted threads to reflect their corresponding prefixes.

Comment

Working...
        X