Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Tiedowns - Airplane Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Tiedowns - Airplane Prep

Ok, time for a question for those like me that will/do park their Bearhawk outside. A bit of a backstory: Buying a hangar in Alaska is prohibitively expensive. In my area a t-hangar starts at $165K and you have monthly condo dues on top of the initial expense. Renting a space in a hangar, when you can find space, typically starts at $700/mo and goes up from there. So for the rest of us mere mortals leasing or renting a tiedown spot is the only option. So for those that park your BH outside, what do you do for prepping your aircraft {besides covers} for outside storage? I'm mainly thinking the constant exposure to rain would be an issue. Up here in Alaska where I am we really don't have any issues with nesting birds or insects, although we do have ravens that like to poke holes in fabric with their hard, pointy beaks from time to time. I'd like to hear what some have experienced and what, if anything, you would do different in your build.
Working...
X