Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wing tip light location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing tip light location?

Wondering where others have mounted their wing tip/nav lights on the wing tip in respect to the vertical and longitudinal axis of the tip. I went to install the Whelen Orion 6501 lights on my 4 place carbon fiber wing tips today, the install instructions simply state “prepare the aircraft for means to secure the light assembly” and then proceed to outline how to install the lights but don’t say where on the tip to install them. Given this bit of vague information and no real results from a google search I thought I would poll the group to see what others have done. Somewhat long winded but I guess the ultimate question is where on your wing tips are the lights mounted and how did you arrive at determining this mounting location? Any photos with or supporting documentation I may be unaware of is very appreciated.

So the 6501 lights appear to be position and strobe, but not rear light. I still would mount them on the outward most part of the wingtip both horizontally and vertically, with the base of the light parallel with the longitudinal axis of the plane. May require building up a base pad with composites. I would include a picture but I have Hoerner tips and lights that include a tail light.

Comment

Working...
    X