Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best steel tubing prices ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best steel tubing prices ?

anyone have an idea who is winning on steel tube pricing at the moment ?
    then there is shipping-- that's a whole nother problem.....

A.S. and the place in Kansas seem to be about neck and neck--- with some exceptions---- a little harder to tell with some other places that do not show price per foot----

AED metal products in Indianapolis is a source to consider...Its another quality supplier and may be driveable for some folks in the midwest. Driving 4 hours one way to get a load of tubing is good way to go. I've seen AED at OSH and they do a lot with Automotive racing.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

I have been considering stock car steel. They are near Statesville NC and about 3-4 hours to my east.
      Shipping of 20 foot tubes from Kansas to E. TN. is going to be like 800-1000 $.
      It is said to go down to about 1/2 that for 10 foot pieces. The weight does not seem to matter much.

Comment

Aircraft Parts for aircraft enthusiasts; fittings, complete kits, chrome moly tubing, aluminum sheet and tubing, and more.

410 Pine Street
        Highland, IL 62249
        618-654-7447​
        Stan
        Austin Tx

Comment

Many many years ago, I bought both 4130 and DOM mild steel from EMJ. They have a lot of locations and pricing is pretty variable depending on where you pick it up from, if you can pick it up. I have no idea if they have competitive pricing anymore, but worth a call.

Comment

unfortunately, they are not in driving range of me here in E. Tn.
            (they were before I moved--- but that's runway behind me and blue sky above me----)

Comment

Working...
            X