Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA cap strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA cap strips

Could someone tell me the thickness of the LSA cap strip material on the main and rear spar?

stan timmerman
    austin tx
    Stan
    Austin Tx

Cap strip thickness on the main spar is 1/8 inch. Cap strip thickness on the rear spar is 1/16 inch.
    Wayne Massey - Central Florida
    BH733
    LSA23
    http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

When I ordered my cap strips from Aircraft Spruce, I waited several weeks. They finally arrived and much to my surprise, they had sent WOOD. When I called, the person on the other end said...."Cap strips are made of wood". I said not all of them. Anyway I got it corrected after I sent a copy of my quote email asking for 2024T3 Cap Strips. Now I have many 12' pieces of 1" x 1/8" birch strips. I am still trying to figure out what to make out of them.

Comment

Hey Wayne: I just want to be sure. Are you building an LSA? I'm gonna study your photos of your spars. I've had to build a new shop for this project and am behind. I've been studying the prints and your pics will be invaluable !

Comment

epapa, If your happy with the wood strips you might use them as fuselage stringers . Good Luck Stinger

Comment

Working...
          X