Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA Thrust Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA Thrust Line

BTAZ Looking over the plans and booklet I'm assuming the thrust line is 0 degrees? The Patrol plans show a -1 deg thrust line on the three view title page, and the side fuselage layout. The LSA only shows fuselage center lines. I don't see anything directly specifying the thrust line.

I can't recall the full thought process but the LSA build book speaks of lining the crankshaft up with the "center line/ thrust line" (which could be interpreted as them being one and the same) and I also recall(but couldn't find it again) where it was discussed online and that if built that way any adjustments could be made with a few washers between the mount and the firewall. Note that is how it was handled on the Christavia I am currently flying.

But no, I don't think it was 100% clear in the plans or book.

Comment

I read the LSA book the same way until I looked at the Patrol book, which uses the exact same phrasing. You could take it to mean they are one in the same, or when viewing from above, use fuselage C/L, and from the side the -1 deg specified in the Patrol drawings. The drawing in the LSA book Bob did of the Continental mount also looks aligned to C/L.
      Last edited by lsa140; 09-06-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lsa140 View Post
        ...Both the 4 place and Patrol visibly show the -1 deg and spec it on the 3 view title page, ...
        My updated 4 place set (12/15/2009) doesn't show any offset.

Comment

Thanks for catching that, I have a set of Patrol plans but not the 4 place. I had looked at Bob's website under the 4 place, and didn't catch that they had used an image of the Patrol plans.

Comment

I guess I was lucky in that I didn't look at my old set of four place plans and don't have Patrol plans so didn't really have a reason to question it.

Comment

Working...
            X