Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty weight is 798.

I calculated the various "arms" by putting known weights in the various locations. The calculated numbers all came out to be within an inch or so of the prototype numbers in the "book" except my pilot location is about three inches further back then Bob's. However, that is well within the seat adjustment range and given I am a bit over six feet probably more representative of how my plane will be loaded.

The CG range looks pretty workable though could afford to be a little further forward. I expect it would be perfect if it had a metal prop instead of the Catto or had a charging system in addition to my "total loss" battery plus starter system.

I think if I did it again I would skip the skylight as there is probably 5 to 10 lbs there.

I would likely still do doors on both sides but cover them in aluminum instead of plexi for another 5 lbs savings or so.

I used Cleveland wheels with 1.5" axles that I had on hand and there is probably a bit of weight that would be saved with the Matco's

Not much else I can think of to remove weight except Oratex instead of Stits and an RV tail wheel instead of the BH wheel I built.

Comment

It is officially no longer a project.

In the FAA's eyes, it became an airplane today!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Congrats! Looking forward to first flight videos!

Comment

Huzzah! Congratulations!
          Christopher Owens
          Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
          Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
          Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Sweet! I love your paint scheme. Somehow looks "classic" while showing some modern touches as well. Perfect complement to the Patrol! Looking forward to hearing your test flight results!
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
            X