Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corvair Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't Dave's engine. The FAA did a tear-down, but the results haven't been released yet.
    Patrol #107
    LSA #005

Comment

Hey Papa, I must have worded my post poorly. I was just responding to Daves post. Sorry for any confusion to other members on the forum.

Comment

Hey Guys in case anyone is interested there is a finishing school at Sport Performance Aviation at the end of this month, and they are offering a deal on a 3.3 liter Corvair to be build at the finishing school. Go here for the details. https://flycorvair.net/

Comment

Dave, did you build one of the kits, or find your own core and gather parts your self?

Comment

• davzLSA
            davzLSA commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi John, the kits were not available when i built my engine, so i gathered up the core parts and had them all processed by SPA. I also have all the parts William Wynee sells and I assembled the engine and went to a finishing school and test ran it, I think the kit would save time and money and would be worth it. If I were building another Corvair engine I would go that way.

• johnb
            johnb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I'm a long way from a final engine decision, but the Corvair is on the list of potentials. I agree, the kit option looks like a quicker way to go.

I dont know about other engine suppliers but I can tell you from my experience that you will have a hard time finding the kind of support you will get from William Wynee and SPA. They are great people to work with.

Comment

Hi Guys, I wanted to see if there would be any interest in a Corvair firewall forward package. I dont know any of the particulars of it yet but if there is enough interest more details can be provided.

Comment

Hi Dave,
              Personally I think that William W. has pretty much everything one needs short of the cowling.
              Engine in a box
              Engine Mount
              Nose Bowl
              Baffling
              Muffler
              Intakes
              ..and pretty good documentation for the whole process. And he’s been working with Bob over the years. Good place to start.

Not sure if I missed some info in this topic, but I’m still haven’t come across any performance numbers from currently flying CorvairLSA’s and that makes me a bit 🤔

Comment

Hi bcbearhawklsa, I have built a WW Corviar and am building an LSA using the engine. I was asking about interest because I was thinking of putting together complete assembled packages that would be a bolt on with all the accessories if anyone wanted to buy one. On my engine I have all the WW parts to include the intake and exhaust. There are pictures under my thread Davzlsa if you would like the see them. William also sells a nose bowl that works on the LSA as well.

Comment

Check out Williams web site flycorvair.com to get performance numbers, there are many documents on this subject on his site.

Comment

Hi Guys, I went to a Corvair finishing school this weekend. I already have my engine built and its running so I just went to help others in building their engines. It was a lot of fun, got to meet a great group of people, helped some of them build engines and in the evenings we shot guns and had a party. The pics here are engines in the build process and a running engine we had one guy who brought his core NAS Stromberg carb and rebuilt it there and we ran it on an engine to verify it performed as it should. I wish I had thought of that before I went I would have brought mine and ran it on an engine. When my engine was first ran it was on Williams Wynnes test stand and it is already equipped with a carb, intake and exhaust. One of the guys flew is Corvair powered Zenith in from Connecticut. There is another guy who has over 800 hours on his Corvair engine. Hope yall like the pics.

Comment

Working...
                    X