Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tubing sizes for LSA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubing sizes for LSA?

I am planning on building a high wing two seat tandem airplane after I finish up my present projects. The Bearhawk LSA is on my short list. I don't have the plans yet. There is some 4130 tubing for sale relatively close to me. The man has a variety of sizes and his price is reasonable. However, a lot of what he has doesn't seem to work for the airplane plans I have so far. For instance he has a lot of 5/8"x.049" and 1/2"x.028".

Is there a tubing list available for the LSA? Or can somebody tell me the common sizes of tubing used in the LSA? For example for longerons and diagonals and the tail feathers? Thanks.
    Last edited by Marc; 10-15-2018, 09:29 AM.

On page 14 of the plans there is a call out for all the tubing sizes and it is referenced on all the plan sheets. I have scratched built some parts for my project, so what I do is determine what part I want to build then just buy the tubing called out in the plans. Also Mark offers a tubing kit for the fuselage, it is a very good kit. All the tubing is cut and notched. It makes putting together a fuselage very easy, the tubes are almost self jigging. Good luck on your build.

Comment

Longerons are 3/4 x .035 Attached is a list of some of the tubing sizes needed.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Stephen B. Murphey
      Bearhawk LSA
      Building #L-089

Comment

Thanks! It looks like the man has more usable material than I thought.

Comment

Working...
        X