Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another LSA guy :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another LSA guy :-)

I’ve got all the other plans, might as well add another to the collection.

Mission has changed and the LSA and Patrol are more appropriate options now. Flipped a coin and it looks like LSA wins the prize! I recall it’s one of Bob’s favorites and it’ll be good economical flying, even in the winter.

Time to start studying.

image.jpg
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

I Chris welcome aboard. I recommend you read my thread and other LSA threads before starting your project. Its DavzLsa. Have you considered what engine you are going to use? I made lots of mistakes and maybe you can avoid some if you read my thread and others.

Comment

Hi Dave,

I’ve read through your thread from front to back and will likely do it again before it’s over. No engine choices yet.

thanks for the welcome!
      ~Chris
      Christopher Owens

Comment

If you are close enough to Oshkosh, try to get over to EAA headquarters and use their big brake when you get to that stage.

But wait a sec... you are a serial Bearhawk builder?
        Last edited by Frank; 09-05-2024, 10:12 PM.
        Frank Forney
        Englewood CO
        https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
        EAA Chapter 301

Comment

I’m a serial plans owner and starter

I’ve used that brake at Oshkosh in the past along with their sheer and other metalworking tools. It’s a very nice resource to have available for sure.
          Christopher Owens

Comment

Hi Chris in case you are interested, I have a free core Corvair engine if you want it. I am using the Corvair on my LSA. If you want to read more about the engine I suggest you go to this web site https://flycorvair.net/ You can find the answer to any question you may have about it.

Comment

I've got a set of LSA specific streamlined tail bracing wires I'm peddling. They flew 140 hours on the Pudding River Bearhawk but look like new. These are expensive when new and can be hard to get. lI know you'r a long way from really needing them, but when the time comes it would be really nice to just pull them off the shelf and keep moving.

For this or other tales and folklore about LSA scratchbuilding give me a call. I'm on Pacific time Ken fife oh tree seven tree sero sero won too for

Comment

Working...
              X