Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First flight Bearhawk LSA N514AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First flight Bearhawk LSA N514AK

I flew the Bearhawk LSA N514AK on its first flight this morning. I was up about 15 minutes and was really happy with how it flew. No heavy wing. Flew quite nicely.

My CHT appears to have a bad probe. I was kind of running out of aft trim with just me (150 lbs) in the front seat. My CG is forward of Bob's empty weight CG. So maybe 20 lbs in the back seat will make a difference. That is what I used to do in my RV8 when I was by myself. Took a little back pressure to flare but no problem.

The slow apporach speed took a little getting used to. I was too high to land twice and went around. Third time was the charm. I kept my pattern to 500-600 ft on the third attempt. All in all went very well. Keep building you guys. You will like your BH LSA. Some video and pics later. Mark

Congratulations! Will you have the time flown off before Osh?
    Joe
    Scratch-building 4-place #1231
    Almost Wyoming region of Nebraska

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the idea. Mark

congratulations, send us photos if you have them. keep us updated
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Congratulations Mark, sounds great!
      John Massaro
      Plans Building LSA - 091
      Arizona

Comment

Congratulations Mark on joining the club, Mine is hard to slow down too.
        Roy

Comment

Congrats, Mark!

(Mark was responding to my support request emails all while dealing with his own inspection.)

Comment

Congratulations Mark!
            Any performance #'s yet?
            Rick

Comment

Congrats! Another flying "Mark" is always a good thing. Pictures please.
              Mark
              Scratch building Patrol #275
              Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
              X