Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elevator inner hinge detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevator inner hinge detail

IMG_0634.jpg I’m trial fitting my elevators for the first time today and am having trouble. I don’t see how to attach the elevators to the center section. The inner ends of the elevator have small pockets, which seem to need bearings, but the ones supplied in the kit don’t fit inside the pockets. there is very little clearance in there, so there is no room for bearings unless they are recessed.

Does anyone have any close up shots of their LSA in this area that they can share. I’m guessing I need some smaller bearings that would be bolted together through the fuselage tab, then the elevators slide onto the bearings and retain with a bolt on either side of the horns. Is this correct?
    Attached Files

The inboard ends of the elevator tubes should slip over the bearings. You may have to clean out the paint. If your bearings are too big, make sure there aren't some smaller ones in your inventory somewhere. I have included a picture of what mine looks like assembled. The hardware shown is not the final hardware. The plain nut will be replaced with a locknut.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David Swartzendruber; 04-28-2024, 07:45 PM.

Comment

thank you for the picture. my bearings are far too large to fit in the pockets. i’ll call Virgil Monday. i think i got the Patrol bearing kit, as this is the second one that’s too big.

I see the lower bolt and standoff to clamp the halves together. i assume there is an identical one above, right?

Comment

Originally posted by arborite View Post
        I see the lower bolt and standoff to clamp the halves together. i assume there is an identical one above, right?
        Yes, there is an identical bolt and spacer above to clamp the two together.

Comment

Working...
        X