Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Stick Pivoting Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Stick Pivoting Points

At the bottom of the control sticks where the 1/4" bushings are placed between the arms or fork of the connecting rod, is the bushing pinched and held between the arms making the bushing pivot in the end of the stick or is the bushing pressed in the stick end pivoting on the 3/16" bolt?? Thanks to those that reply

I interpret the drawing that the 1/4 bushing is to be clamped between the ears of the connecting rod. The down side here is that a 1/4 bushing with .030 thick walls won't take much clamping force without collapsing.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I had a press fit at the end of the sticks and wasn't really sure what everything pivoted on. I just made up three more bushing and turned the outside down with sandpaper on the lathe so they rotate inside the ends of the sticks. By the way you really have to be extremely precise on reaming all the connecting holes and have everything as square as possible to all the moving parts. I've had to tweak some of the parts to get rid of any twist or binding. I've spent two days getting the parts to blend together for smooth movement.

Comment

Working...
      X