Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum for wing on Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum for wing on Patrol

As I am getting ready to bend the spars for my Patrol, I am creating my cut sheets. As I am starting to find out I should have planned better and done this earlier. I was going a bit by the 4 place but there are some significant differences. The flap is just over 8 feet so I will need to cut it out of a 12' sheet. Also all the spars for one wing take up slightly more than a full sheet. I have a question for those that have built it. The fuel tank covers in the 4 place build manual call out 0.032. The patrol plans have 0.025 over that section of the wings. Did people use 0.032 over the fuel tanks to make it a bit stiffer or 0.025 as on the plans. Did the 4 place plans call for 0.032 there.
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Hi John, the 4 place prints specify 0.032.
    Joe
    Scratch-building 4-place #1231
    Almost Wyoming region of Nebraska

Comment

Hi John, I am going to build per Patrol plans .025
      David Snyder
      P154

Comment

I am trying to make sure I understand what is being talked about here. Are we talking about the "wing skins" in the fuel tank bay area (top/leading edge of wing), or the "tank access cover" on the bottom of the wing? On my Patrol plans the "wing skins" in the fuel tank bay area are noted as .025. The fuel tank "access cover" is .032 (pg. 2, upper left hand corner). That's how I did mine.

Collin Campbell 4-place N370CC, Patrol N180PB
        Bolivar, MO

Comment

John, I may have read the question wrong originally, in the 4 place the plans call for .032 fuel tank access panels, .032 root skin between the first and second ribs, and .025 for all other skinning.
          Joe
          Scratch-building 4-place #1231
          Almost Wyoming region of Nebraska

Comment

John, Look at the upper left corner of Sheet 2. The detail there clearly shows the Fuel tank access cover as being 0.032".

Phil
            Phil Schaefer
            Patrol #073
            Working on Spars

Comment

Phil, Thanks. I did not see that. I had thought it was strange that the 4 place called out 0.032 access panel but the patrol had not. I just could not find it though. it does clearly call it out there!!!
              John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Collin. Panel on bottom is .032
                Dave
                David Snyder
                P154

Comment

Working...
                X