Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flap springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flap springs

Ive finally gotten to the point of trying out my flap springs. My first reaction is that these things are awfully powerful. I ordered mine from Bob.
    Do the stretch some over time? I hope so. They really seem a little overkill.
    Todd

Have you covered/painted your flaps?
    I had exactly the same thought! I removed one spring from each side, thinking they were WAY TOO STRONG. The flaps sagged..... I put them back on and have never looked back. The force acting on the flaps is the air flow, not the springs. Yeah, the springs are pretty stiff. You MIGHT be able to find some slightly lighter springs. I wouldn't worry about it.

Bill

Comment

While we're talking about the strength of those springs, consider adding as much as you can to your flap handle. A little extra leverage really helps when using them in flight.

Comment

Wait until you have a big flap attached to them and have to taxi with a gusty tailwind. You will be wishing you had stronger springs.

Comment

Thanks for your responses... I will take your words for it!

Todd

Comment

Working...
          X