Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N180PB now has an Airworthiness Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N180PB now has an Airworthiness Certificate

On 4-11-14 I was finally paid a visit by Mr Ed Mehrhoff from the Kansas City FSDO. He was a really great guy to work with and the visit was extremely pleasant. He wasn't interested in my builders log or pictures, "you can show them to me, but I don't need to see them"...looking around my shop he said, "I can tell you built the airplane". He spent an hour going over paper work and another hour or so looking at the plane. So now I am ready to fly. I will post some pictures once I get the cowling/inspection covers/etc back on.

Collin Campbell (Patrol N180PB) (4-place N370CC)
    Bolivar, MO

Congratulations Collin. Very exciting. And I bet your Patrol is beautiful if it turned out like your 4 place. I bet it is nicer. We look forward to reports of first flight. Best of luck. Mark

Comment

Very cool. Another Patrol in the air, or at least ready. Like Mark said, looking forward to reports.
      Doug
      Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Congrats! Question, what paperwork did he "go over"???
        Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
        Project Plans #1299
        N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

Congrat's Collin!
          Steve Busby
          www.aeroliteflight.ca

Comment

Dave,

The paperwork consisted of going over: Weight and Balance info, Operating limitations (including the flight test area), verifying the aircraft registration, reviewing the application for Airworthiness (form 8130-6), going over the airframe/engine/propeller logbooks, Logbook entry (by the builder AND the FAA rep) of initial condition inspection. He wanted to be sure the info on the data plate and the registration were an EXACT match. He was interested in my ELT (recording it's ser. no, date of last inspection and expiration date on the batteries...) I have an Ameri-King AK-450 ELT and we opened it up and I was surprised to learn that the expiration date was stamped right there on the Duracell "D" batteries! (2018) That was the most of it as far as I can remember. I am trying to attach a picture, but can't get it to work...

Collin

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Congrats! I can only dream of the day!
                Barry Cole plans building serial #265 Patrol

Comment

That's awesome Collin. Keep us in the loop on your flying!
                  Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Here's a picture of me running the engine on my new Patrol. Collin Campbell, Patrol N180PB
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations! When I registered my Challenger it was the same way. 3 guys from the FAA showed up (they were training a couple new guys to do EAB inspections), they spent an hour going over paperwork with me, and 10 minutes looking at the plane. They told me I needed an ELT (already ordered) and a carbon monoxide detector. When I pointed out it was an open cockpit, pusher engine with no cabin heat, they laughed and agreed that CO detector wasn't necessary.
                      Phil Schaefer
                      Patrol #073
                      Working on Spars

Comment

Working...
                      X