Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel tank straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank straps

I will be setting capstrip rivets in the fwd spars in the fuel tank bay area today. I do not want to put rivets in holes where the tank straps attach, but I cannot find the actual location of the straps from the dwgs or Eric's manual. Got a pretty good idea where they go and can guestimate but would like a firm location (inbd/outbd from rib locations) from those that have gone before me or a QB wing. Generally I did not drill the capstrips where I didn't want a rivet to go but I figured the tank straps would go at a standard capstrip rivet hole locations.
    Thx
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

p284 my choices:

blue tape is on the bottom of the wing. Two straps are used across the top of tank.

Three straps on top cap strip use to support the bottom of the tank.

wing root on right side.

v1.jpg
    Stan
    Austin Tx

Comment

I guestimate 4 lower straps.

Comment

With my plans I got a book from Bob. I found the general location and design in the book.

There is a small error (I think) in one of the drawings. The strap terminates on false spar, not rear spar.

Dwg 2 shows 3 straps on the under side of tank.

There is a website with safety updates - Probably not important to your question.

book.jpg

page1.jpg

page2.jpg
        Last edited by sjt; 06-16-2021, 09:55 AM.
        Stan
        Austin Tx

Comment

Working...
        X