Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

After a short pause to finish out the model airplane contest season here in the Pacific NW, I finally got the last five rivets installed in the left fwd spar and added a light coat of primer on all the fasteners. The spars are officially done. Good thing too, outdoor priming season is over. Chilly and wet is here. I thing a beer is next.
    Gerry
    Patrol #30
    Attached Files
    Last edited by geraldmorrissey; 10-10-2021, 11:51 AM.

They look great Gerry. I'm sure you too experienced that terrifying moment of truth when you laid a rear spar next to the front spar for the first time and eyeballed the angles lining up with each other.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Those look amazing.
      Scott Ahrens
      Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Those spars look awesome Gerry, great job man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
          They look great Gerry. I'm sure you too experienced that terrifying moment of truth when you laid a rear spar next to the front spar for the first time and eyeballed the angles lining up with each other.
          Chewie, I did line up the spars and everything fit. I'm kind of a numbers guy so here are the totals;
          total number of detail parts for all four spars=268
          total number of rivets= 1,380
          total number of detail parts the could be eliminated with the one piece capstrip/spacer bar/web splice/wing attach fitting detail part= 164 or about 60%.

Gerry
          Patrol #30

Comment

Working...
          X