Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced CNC tooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced CNC tooling

Enclosed are pictures of my advanced analog CNC tooling. Working out OK on the empennage. After months of tip towing around trying not to scratch AL, steel is a welcome diversion.
    Gerry
    Patrol No Title
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Phew, for a second I thought you had gone to the dark side Gerry.
    Yes, steel is fun. Aluminum sheet is picky but steel you just smack it around until it works.
    Now when you go back to aluminum you'll be cursing.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Originally posted by geraldmorrissey View Post
      Enclosed are pictures of my advanced analog CNC tooling. Working out OK on the empennage. After months of tip towing around trying not to scratch AL, steel is a welcome diversion.
      Gerry
      Last week I re-read a series of old Quartly Patrol Newsletters that was created for Patrol Scratch Builders starting January 2004. The Patrol Book that Bob sends out with our plans includes the information from these newsletter articles. It also documents that Bob first flew the Patrol in May 2003, and he had 130 hours on it by April 2004.

In the Fall issue of 2004 Bob published the Patrol "Builders List." Gerry's name popped out! As far as I know Gerry is the only one on that list who is active on our forum.

I think thats pretty cool Gerald! I have a famous speech given by Teddy Rosevelt called "Man in the Arena"... Gearld fits that description....you inspire more folks I'm sure than just us builders. I know folks around you at home watch and are inspired too!

When Gerry decided to build, l there was only one flying..... He hold plans number 30. My hat is of to you Gerry!!
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

You can't do proper CNC, until you can use hand tools. Then non-CNC machine tools. THEN you can properly CNC. I am less than halfway there.

Comment

Working...
        X