Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable tie mounts for wing wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable tie mounts for wing wiring

I wanted to show what I used to run the cables in the wing I am building. I had used then in the past in some work I had done with an avionics shop. They will mount with a #4 rivet or a screw. You simply loop a wire tie through it to secure the cables. You can also attach a small nylon tube section with a wire tie to make a cable path like a bushing. These items are Panduit LHMS-S5-D LIGHTENING HOLE CABLE TIE MOUNtS. I was able to find some cheap surplus. I did not want to drill the nose ribs and install bushings or install conduit.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Very nice.

Comment

That looks slick. Will you be able to reach each one of those through the inspection plates? If one breaks (unlikely for the foreseeable future) or if some new whizzbang item comes out and you need to run a new wire. Thats the only real advantage I can see with the old drill a hole and install bushing approach.

Comment

Working...
      X