Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper longerons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper longerons

Anybody know where the longeron splice goes on the upper fuselage longerons. I cannot see a callout on the print. I'm planning on putting the splice between Station M and L unless someone has a better location. Curious where the QB longeron splice is.
    Thx
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Gerry, as per the plans, there are no apparent splices on the top longerons with my QB (delivered last Summer) # 79. Virgil can likely confirm that for you rather quickly.

Dave (from Maine)

Comment

Having issues finding 15' long upper longeron tubes here in the PNW. Shipping will be expensive if I buy from the usual out of state sources. Looking at all options. Don't like splicing if I don't have to.

Comment

My plans are #238 and they show 4 splices on the bottom longeron. All four incorporate a tube reduction. The top longerons drawings do not show a splice but my tubing is a VR3 tubing kit and to package the kit they put a splice in front of station L . All splices are in about 6 inchs from their respective stations and cut on a 45 degree angle. The top longerons do not have a tube reduction so a plug is inserted and rose bud welds are used along with the joint weld. The forward top longerons have horizontal and vertical bends at station N and M. The bends are tricky. I was glad they were bent with the kit. I do not remember for sure but I think the rise from M to N was about 2 inches

Good luck
        Ed Welfred
        Patrol (modified)

Comment

Working...
        X