Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol first flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol first flight

Bob Nye near Reno has been flying his Patrol since October, and now has about 25 hours on it. I just learned of it yesterday after he called to update. He has an O360 with a Prince fixed pitch prop. He reports super short take off and incredible climb - even though he is very high MSL. Bob says he is almost scared to try his Patrol at sea level because the climb is so startling even at altitude. He is based on a 7,000 ft paved runway, and says he is at 1400 ft agl when he makes the end of the runway.

He says 75% power cruise at 7,000 ft is 143 mph TAS.

Bob is an aeronautical engineer who has flown a lot of planes. Bob owns also an RV3 and a Swift. He is in his early 80's. Hope to have pictures soon to post.

There was another very nice Patrol from our QB kit inspected and given its airworthiness yesterday. No first flight yet. But I will let the owner report here on the forum about his Patrol. Mark

Congratulations to him! The description of the performance is very encouraging.

Can you find out the specs on the prop?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      I know it is a 76" Prince prop. Not sure of pitch. But I bet the Prince propeller people would know. Mark

Congrats Bob! Cool. I love it!! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great news, thx Mark

Comment

Working...
      X