Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many yards of fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many yards of fabric?

Oratex estimated 15 yards of fabric to do the patrol, does this sound about right?

Hmmm, Stewart Systems estimates 34 yards of it's 2.7 oz fabric for the Patrol. See https://stewartsystems.aero/wp-conte...s/Bearhawk.pdf. I know they aren't the same system but a 2 to 1 difference?

Comment

There might be a difference between "yards" and square yards. Oratex sells a linear yard, which is actually 2 square yards. It is 72 inches wide. At least I think. Not sure. Being wrong will cost a lot of money. Either you buy too much ($$$) or buy too little and have to pay Fedex shipping from Germany ($$$) a second time.

Comment

I ordered 30m of Oratex for the 4Place B model and had a couple of M left lf that helps.

Comment

• svyolo
          svyolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe I did the same.

• Utah-Jay
          Utah-Jay commented
          Editing a comment
          Companion will be the same as the 4 Place, so that is a great place for me to start… but of course I am gonna use Silver for the flaps, ailerons, horizonal and elevator… No I need to figure out the right amount for each color

Hats off to Better Aircraft Fabrics, at a time when delays are the norm, my order for Oratex was completed on 8/18 and arrived today.

Comment

ok, I gotta ask. How much a yard is the Oratex?
          Lee
          Patrol QB #312
          Buchanan Airfield
          Concord, CA

Comment

• coosbo
            coosbo commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe it varies slightly depending on whether or not the back is coated. Silver Oratex 6000 is currently $189.95 a meter for their 180 cm wide roll.

• svyolo
            svyolo commented
            Editing a comment
            You can usually also get factory "seconds". I believe it was around 30% less. That is what I got.

• Lee
            Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanx guys
        Working...
        X