Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinner suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinner suggestion

I had one step forward today and two steps back. I hung the engine today on my Patrol to begin working on the engine cowl. WHen I was looking at the nose bowl and the spinner I had, I discovered I had a size mismatch from what I though I had. I have a Lycoming o-360 wide deck out of a 1964 Cherokee 180. I also have the spinner and Sensenich 16EM8 series propeller from the Cherokee. I had originally though the spinner was 14" for some reason but it is not. I had ordered the node bowl from Mark to work with a 14" spinner. The spinner is actually 12". I am looking for suggestions.
    1) Get a different node bowl that would be closer to fit the spinner I have
    2) Modify the current nose bowl to fit the cherokee spinner.
    3) get a new spinner to fit my nose bowl. If I was to get a new spinner. To fit the 14" nose bowl. Do you have a suggestion on a spinner. The cherokee spinner I have is old and if I had to replace it later. getting another one is expensive.

Thoughts from the experts here?
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

While we wait for the experts to come around, is this a fixed-pitch prop? The nosebowl from Bob matches the Vans 13" spinner as I understand it. If you found another builder who wanted your 14" nose bowl, then you could get both a new nosebowl and a new spinner, with the comfort of knowing that there are over 10,000 owners who are going to ensure a flowing supply chain for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
    X