Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stringer Front Left (Patrol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stringer Front Left (Patrol)

Quick question about the area left of the pilot in regard to fabric covering. To stringer or not to stringer? The area seems quite massive without an additional stringer. Did you add one or not?

Attached Files
    Bearhawk "XHawk" Patrol, O-360, Trailblazer 80", tubeless 26" Goodyears, Stewart Systems. See XHawk Build Log.

Yes - stringer! I think it’s a couple bent tabs from aluminum sheet to mount

Comment

• noema
      noema commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, thx. One more, what do you think will end up looking better, extend the existing stringer straight forward or align with the longeron/window (they are almost the same angle)?

• Bcone1381
      Bcone1381 commented
      Editing a comment
      Extend it straight forward. This is how the plans shows it and it looks good. All three patrols at OSH this year installed them this way. Do not fear if you have to bow the stringer out an inch or so to accommodate the fuel line as this looks very natural. A cushion adel clamp to secure the fuel line to the stringer worked out real nice for me.

Keeping it in alignment with the existing one looks best. I found I needed to bow it outward a bit to have it appear as a continuous curve. In fact I wish I had bowed it outward a bit more toward the back than I did. As it is, there is noticeable angle at the join, if you look for it. I had to relieve a notch on the inside to accommodate the fuel line.

Comment

Working...
    X