Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PR-ZJO on Clamar Amphibs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 4-Place PR-ZJO on Clamar Amphibs

Finally got to the point where I could weigh the plane with the new Clamar Amphibs. Empty weight (7qts oil) is 1785 pounds. Previous (wheels) empty weight was 1,471. The landing gear and tailwheel weighed 98.3 pounds. That means the Amphibs (with all attachments, hydraulic oil, etc) weighed 412 pounds. I don't know how much I've lost in airspeed yet, but I'm pretty happy to have 915 pounds of useful load.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Matt, I recall your questioning whether to do a first flight out of a 1500' strip, or make other arrangements. What did you decide?
    Are those the 2500's?

Bill

Comment

Bill, I took the wings off and brought it to our water hangar. I'm sure my family appreciates it-- this hangar is 2 minutes from my house--the strip was 30 minutes. I also wanted to get a really good feel for the step angle view before I did my first water landing. Planning on doing some taxing tomorrow or Friday. Yes, 2500s.

Comment

Its looking great Matt, add some more photos when its on the water, enjoy.

Comment

First flight yesterday with the new floats. As expected we lost about 15% in airspeed. 25 squared we're getting 105 mph. The struts came pre-cut for the Bearhawk. The angle, as measured from the floats to the doorsill, is 4.5 degrees. With a 210 hp motor, we should be able to lower that to less than 3 degrees. this should give us a few more miles per hour. Overall super excited.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Love it! Love it!
            Christopher Owens
            Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
            Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
            Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Matt, please send me one for the 2018 Calendar!

Comment

Wow. I have welded my float fittings on and finishing up my seaplane doors. Another two years to go I think. So great to see your hard work. Congrats.

Comment

Matt

did you have any photos of how the water rudder pulleys were rigged? I am wondering about welding in some attach points for the water rudder pulleys

thanks Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X