Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N842PT completed May, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow that’s gorgeous. Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats, it looking exceptionally good. Enjoy every moment

Comment

That’s great-have fun

Comment

Gorgeous airplane – love the paint scheme! Classic feel, but also very original. Nice job!
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I am curious if other Patrol owners have been flying with the O-360 Lycoming and the Marvel Schebler MA4-5 10-3878 Carburetor? My engine has been running way to lean. We took apart the Carb and found the nozzle ID was only 0.114" instead of the expected 0.118". After drilling it out the EGTs went from the 1450 to 1475 range at low cruise down to a better 1380. But still can hardly lean the mixture at all before being at peak. Possibly there are some other problems with this particular carb, such as in the economizer cycle. So we are contemplating converting to the larger MA4-5 carb, the 10-4164-1. [Both are approved for the O-360.] I am told by Marvel Schebler that the 10-4164-1 will deliver up to 20 gal /hr at full throttle, which is a lot more than the 3878. There is also a conversion kit available from M-S that changes the 3878 to a 10-3878M. This was required for the O-360s on some Mooneys. Are any other pilots operating with the 10-3878 and getting reasonable EGTs and good mixture control?

Comment

• flyboy
              flyboy commented
              Editing a comment
              We are running the MA4-5 (5-4164-1) on our 0-360 Patrols and have not had any issues. We are seeing around 18GPH during takeoff. Leaning the mixture works normally.

I thought someone may want to follow along with us. Here is the link.

EAABuildersLog.org is a airplane builders log website to store your projects on the web for free. The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.) provides this website for it's members for free..

Comment

Wow. Love the paint job

Comment

Working...
              X