Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk 5/Bravo wing aileron gusset thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 5/Bravo wing aileron gusset thickness

Was making aileron parts and noticed the gussets over the inboard hinge doesn’t have a thickness shown ... maybe I missed it elsewhere...or is it assumed to be the same as the outboard ones

thanks
    Last edited by way_up_north; 03-19-2021, 06:00 PM.

Does it say "typical" anywhere?
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Comment

Originally posted by geraldmorrissey View Post
      Does it say "typical" anywhere?
      Gerry
      Patrol #30
      I looked over the plans page and didn’t see typical written

here are pictures of the the two part sets.. the one with .25 being the outboard side pair(top and bottom)

The thickness of all the parts on that page(9) are listed except for the parts I’m inquiring about... The un-marked part is also the hinge area where the push rod attaches so I didn’t want to assume anything
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Last edited by way_up_north; 03-19-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        On the Patrol Plans its calls for .025. I would call Bob and verify what he intended, rather than assume.

• way_up_north
        way_up_north commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree 100%... I just wanted to post this in case anyone else has already talked to Bob about it.. they can post here to clear it up... if not next week I’ll call him and ask and post here what I find out....

Note that the piece count on the outboard says (2). The 4 place A model inboard is .032", guessing that will be it and there was an oversight, best clarify with Bob and then future drawings can incorporate the info. Like you said, perhaps somebody has already done this, I like your approach to it.

Comment

Bob responded very quickly to my email inquiry

This part should be .025 and will be updated on new plans for the Bearhawk 5 and Bravo

i inquired about the old part being .032 in the past and he mentioned he had done new calculations and the part didn’t need to be that thick...

I asked if it was ok to post this on the forum for the benefit of other members with those plans sets...

Excellent support ...

have good day everyone

Comment

Working...
        X