Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model 5 at home in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 at home in Texas

The Model 5 got flown to my place last weekend. It is sitting in my hanger here. There are a few issues with the plane like the prop control I bought turned out not to work well. But the plane is available to look at up close if anyone is interested in seeing it that is considering buying the kit. Mark 6DEC5D87-22FC-4EE4-9C64-F5102C62FEF2.jpeg

Do we have the specs on weight and balance yet? I know. I probably missed it on here somewhere else! I may have to come see you again Mark. My material isn’t here yet and that 5 is tempting for this big builder!
    Bearhawk 4 Place Model B
    Plans #1552
    EAA Chapter 59

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      The specs are posted on our website. Mark

Mark, you mentioned specs posted on the website so I had to look. I believe you had said that the 5 would be 35 gals per side in the main tanks. The website doesn't reflect that. Is 35 gal/side mains available? Also, I see 75% cruise speed listed as 165 mph IAS and 65% as 145 mph IAS. Should those be TAS?

...as a nit pick, I find IAS as a publication of performance to be problematic. CAS seems far more appropriate as the reader doesn't know the accuracy if the gauge.

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      There was an option of building a different wing for the Model 5 with more fuel available in the main tanks. But Bob decided for now to use the same Model B wings with the 27.5 gallons per side and the 9 gallon aux tanks available. Will look at those speeds to see if the specs are correct or if TAS. Mark
Working...
X