Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Measurements for garage clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurements for garage clearance

Hey Mark Goldberg, Or other knowledgeable members,

Thought I’d bother you publicly, to make it searchable on the forum for others.

I’m looking to check clearances before setting up the hangar/shop, that is T shaped. Would you be able to get two measurements of the model 5 prototype, X distance from spinner tip to trailing edge of wing and the Y distance from the lowest point of the wing to the floor? Absolutely no rush, no immediate shop purchases are at risk.

Thank you!
    Last edited by triumphantduke; 03-02-2022, 07:34 AM. Reason: phone posts didn't look so good from the computer

I do not have the prototype Model 5 in my hanger to take measurements for you. I believe the fuselage is 19 ft long from the firewall to the tailpost. The rudder and engine/prop make it longer of course but by an amount you can estimate. Height is not so critical unless you are going to put your plane on 35" Bushwheels. I would suggest at least a 10 ft tall door.

You can never have too much room in a shop or hanger. Mark

Comment

Agree, you can never have too much shop/hangar room. However my T-hanger, sadly won't grow. I have a 9.5FT door... I wanted to check if a 60 gal air compressor was going to get in the way if I tuck it in the back corner of the wing part of my T-hangar. From the 19ft reference I think it should be ok.. Do you know if the model 5 will be at Sun N Fun?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
        Mark Goldberg commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not think the Model 5 prototype will be at SNF. We do not work SNF. Mark

I can confirm that the model 5 will fit in a standard 7’ tall garage door on rolling floor dollies under the gear legs. I do not believe it will fit with the wheels/tires on.
      Bought flying Harmon rocket #11…sold
      Built and flying Rv8 fastback …sold
      Built and flying F1 rocket #188… not for sale!
      Building model 5

Comment

Working...
      X