Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Patrol Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Patrol Newbie

Hello Everyone! My name is Brett, I'm an engineering student at Arizona State and I've been a private pilot for almost 6 years now. I'm the proud owner of a new set of BH Patrol plans! My goal right now is to scratch build a fuselage, and all parts that I can with the limited budget available to me. I've been prepping for an experimental airplane build since I was 16 years old, learning to use mills and lathes, tig welding, computer aided design, cnc, etc... I'm looking forward to becoming acquainted with you all here, especially as I begin all the preparation and planning that I need to even get started on this build.

Thanks for listening!

Welcome to the forum, Brett! Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. There's definitely a wealth of knowledge to be had here. Enjoy!

Comment

Brett

I am in Apache Junction and am at the "Sandblast/paint/cover" stage of my scratch built LSA build. (waiting out the Summer at the moment)

If you would like to see it, PM me.

Comment

I love the focus you guys have. You guys are the future the Barrow's Bearhwak Designs! I am 51, and wish I had the vision that you are demonstrating at such a young age. Believe me when I say, acquiring these skills younger is better.

Brooks Cone
        Scratch Building Patrol #303
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
          I love the focus you guys have. You guys are the future the Barrow's Bearhwak Designs! I am 51, and wish I had the vision that you are demonstrating at such a young age. Believe me when I say, acquiring these skills younger is better.

Brooks Cone
          Scratch Building Patrol #303
          Well, not so sure about "better", but it certainly is "easier"! LOL I'm the proverbial guy who waited until he could afford it, and now, at 60 I find that it is a bit harder to acquire new skills. But perseverance pays off.
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I should be posting soon with a build thread and some build related questions. BTAZ Thanks for reaching out!

Comment

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress posts. I am looking at taking some welding courses to help me build my fuselage.
              BH plans #963
              Patrol plans #P330
              LSA plans #L063

Comment

• brett313
                brett313 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's probably going to be a while before I can start on the fuselage. But I'll be fabricating all the brackets and fittings, torque tub, and tail feathers hopefully starting in the next month. You looking to oxy or tig your fuselage?
            Working...
            X