Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - New Zealand

I am very pleased to join the Bearhawk Forum. My first experience of the Bearhawk was at a Kiwi AOPA Winter Fly in to Omarama in the heart of the South Island where Aviators muster to enjoy the company in one of the best venues in the World. We can taxi right up to the front of the Hotel and have 50mts to walk to hot fires and great company.
    In 2014 Jonathan Batson arrived early on the Friday and I had the pleasure to jump in with him to check out some strips for use the following day.
    Roll on 12 months and I looked out the Bearhawk stand at Oshkosh. There, my family and I meet up with Mark and Bob. Over the next days we spent many hours discussing all things Bearhawk. The final decider was the demo flight and a few stalls and steep turns and general handling.
    We got out very impressed!!!!
    Back to New Zealand with the idea that if I could build full time it would be a Bearhawk.
    Six weeks ago a call from Jonathan Batson that one may be available after Lars Fellman passing away.
    We were able to inspect Lars and Alison's pride and joy at their Hangar North West of Auckland.
    We now have ZK-FHR now deep in the South Island and we are enjoying flying our new Plane.
    Extremely well built, great design and our flying activities have taken on new challenges.
    After 40 years association with Cessna, we are enjoying the challenge of the Bearhawk.
    Thank you so much Jonathan, Mark and Bob. You all are responsible!!!!!!

Greetings from Texas Murray. Congratulations on buying Lars's BH. It was beautifully built and finished. Please send me an email to my private email so I can be in touch. N95MF@hotmail.com

All the best to you and your new BH. Mark

Comment

Working...
    X