Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future builder in Utah/Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future builder in Utah/Arizona

Hello all. I have been lurking around the forum for a year or so and finally registered. I have been in Afghanistan for the last 2 years and will be home in a few days. I currently live in Utah but will likely be moving to the Mesa AZ area for work. As soon as I get settled at the new house I'll be getting plans ordered and get started. Right now I'm planning on scratch building but buying parts kits as I go. I know buying a quick build kit would put me in the air much sooner but I love the maintenance and fabrication aspects and I'm looking forward to that. Plus I don't have a private pilot license yet so I don't fully have that itch that needs to be scratched so I have time.

I have 13 years Army aviation experience as a maintainer and now I'm an advisor for maintaining sighting systems. All my experience has been on rotary wing but I have a solid maintenance background none the less.

I have done a ton of research on home built options and the Bearhawk is by far the best aircraft for me. With a wife and 3 kids it's nearly the only option for me, but I love the capabilities and versatility of the aircraft so that's fine with me.

i look forward to bugging everyone with constant questions once the build starts.

Hi Brady,

Welcome home and thank you for your service! Gulf War Navy F/A-18 avionics guy here.

Best of luck with your build. Lots of experience here to leverage. I'm sure you have plenty of experience to lay on us as well!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Brady.Blake55 check your PM.

Comment

Welcome home, and welcome to the forums! Former Army helicopter mechanic, then helicopter pilot here, as well. All in all, I made three trips through "Mother Rucker": AIT (OH-58 maintenance school), Flight School (Warrant Officer — AeroScout track), and finally the Instructor Pilot course. Great training and background.

Bearhawks are amazing airplanes, and I'm having a blast building my Patrol. (Only need the two seats for my purposes.)
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

This is an older thread but if your still in UT then your welcome to come help on my project. Im building a 4 place here in Herriman.

Comment

My scratch built LSA is based at Falcon Field(FFZ) in Mesa. PM me when you are in town.

Comment

Working...
            X