Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from St. Louis (and Fredericksburg, Tx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from St. Louis (and Fredericksburg, Tx)

I am new to the forum and to the Bearhawk. Learned to fly in a J3 Cub in 2012 but haven't flown since! Got the flying disease again and looking at some options, so the BH looks very promising. Have a young family so my time is limited, but I am going to start reading everything I can about the BH so I can build one (or have someone else build it for me) in the coming years.

I am in St. Louis, Missouri, but originally from the San Antonio area and have some acreage out in the Texas Hill Country area next to an airstrip where I learned to fly. Hoping to use the BH for XC in the near future.

Welcome to the group! Glad you've got the flying bug again. It's hard to resist when you have it.

I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I'd suggest you be careful with the "have someone else build it for me" thought you have. It's against the rules to do that. If you find one already built that someone is selling, and it strikes your fancy, then by all means, snap it up!

Welcome, again!
    Chris
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks, Chris!

Comment

And I believe there is a nice Bearhawk 4-place for sale on Barnstormers, and a Bearhawk Patrol 2-seater, as well. As others have said already, it is perfectly "legal" to buy an experimental that someone else built and now wants to sell, but not so "kosher" to pay someone else to build one for you. If you get caught doing that, you've got a very expensive lawn ornament on your hands.
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Working...
        X