Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my plans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my plans...

I've been lurking here for a good while; I finally bit the bullet and decided to build a (Quick Build) 4-place Bearhawk! I just got the plans a week ago and have been devouring them (and re-learning how to read those prints.) Got my Beartracks back-issues, and am also going through those, as well as Russ Erb's CD and the kit builders manual. Got the grand tour of Russ's beautiful BH a while back, now I just want to get started.

I've mostly been flying rented Citabria's locally and my buddy's Cherokee occasionally. Look forward to getting something to call my own (even if it takes a while).

As I mention, I'm going the QB route and am still deciding whether to start with wings or fuselage - Mark suggested the latter, but I'm thinking the ramp-up for the wings (and the easier storage when done) may get me building them first. Just took the EAA class in sheet-metal fab, so that's fresh in my mind (and hammer-banged finger :-) too.

It's great to see such an active group, and Mark G has always quickly answered my emails (and pointed me at that new British turbo diesel - Darned pricey, but seems to be a good match to the 4-place BH... )

Anyway, best regards from Southern California.

Eric

--
    Eric Peterson
    Camarillo, CA
    --
    Eric Peterson
    4-Place QB
    Camarillo, CA

Welcome Eric. Having just started a Quick Build in June, and becoming aware of the work ahead, I take my hat off to the scratch builders, but still have a heap of satisfying work to do.

I have started on the fuselage myself. I look forward to hearing your progress.

Simon

Comment

Hello Eric, welcome aboard the Bearhawk family train. I’m also a QB kit builder that started earlier this year. I’m about 90 miles east of you at Cable airport.
      I started on the fuselage first and I did all I can do on it (minus the fabric of course) awaiting my Barrows engine due next month sometime. I just started on the wings a little while ago and space is a huge issue as I already have an RV7 in my hangar. Mark G and the guys on this forum have been invaluable resources, it would be impossible for me to build without their support. Good luck on your project.

Tim Newsome
      KCCB

Comment

Tim & Simon -

Thanks for the good words. This is definitely going to be "eating the elephant" for me, one bite at a time... it's encouraging to see others that are making progress, and this list has quite the wealth of good folks and information to keep one motivated. I look forward to getting something to work on and building! Now off to get the shop cleaned up to make room for this project!

Eric
        --
        Eric Peterson
        4-Place QB
        Camarillo, CA

Comment

Working...
        X