Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Southern Oregon

Okay... the thing should fly this spring, and I hope it will be at Oshkosh this year.

We've done a few kinda custom things like... got ahold of a sweet pedal cluster out of a Baron or Bonanza (I can't remember which), and, hey! these pedals will work great, and besides, Bearhawk starts with a B, so...we went with it.

We have an IO520, custom induction system, three-blade McCauley prop, Ag Wagon spinner (whew! those things are expensive...)
    Custom Engine mount fabbed with extensive help from the venerable Ted Ryder.
    We did something interesting, I think, with the doors, as you can see in the photos. And of course, we'll be installing the Perideo Fold-Down Sticks.

Owner/Builder: Dick Foy, founder, Aero Union Corporation (c.1963), former CEO, Erickson Air Crane Co.
    Custom designs: Me, his kid, Eric Foy, COO, Perideo LLC
    Lot's of help: Ted Ryder, prolific builder of aircraft and boats; always in the middle of a project.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    —Eric

SWEETNESS!
    Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
    Project Plans #1299
    N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

Nice looking bird, can you open the windows during taxi or are they permanently sealed?
      Joe
      Scratch-building 4-place #1231
      Almost Wyoming region of Nebraska

Comment

Yes. To open the window, you open the door. So you taxi with the door open. :-)
        Last edited by ericfoy; 02-01-2014, 02:52 AM.
        —Eric

Comment

Welcome Eric and Dick, some interesting ideas!
          Mark J

Comment

I'm from a Grants Pass originally, had my 170 based there for 5 years and my dad still has a hangar there at 3S8. Are you at MFR? I'd love to drop in and check out your bird next time I'm down.

Comment

Working...
            X