Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought A Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought A Patrol

Hello to the group! I’m still amazed that nobody beat me to it; but, they didn’t! I bought Collin Campbell’s Patrol last week and just flew it from his place in Missouri to my home in Camas, Washington. I’m based at Grove Field, 1W1, which is just across the river from Portland. I’ve been involved in aviation for my entire adult life and have had the pleasure of owning a Citabria, a Cessna 180, a Rans S-7S and now a Bearhawk Patrol. My 1955 180 was the nicest 180 I have ever seen but it was lost to a hangar fire in 2014. This fork in the road presented the opportunity to finally build an airplane. I really wanted to build the Patrol but after a long process, I decided against it due to the complexity of the build, as compared to the Rans. I built my S7 in 23 months and got the airworthiness cert in March 2017. While I love flying the 7, I’ve still been thinking about the Patrol. I consider myself to be very fortunate to meet Collin and be the new custodian of N180PB. Simply stated, his craftsmanship is stunning. I’m sure I will have many questions for the group as I get familiar with my new Patrol, thanks in advance for any and all help given.

Cheers,

Mike Mooney
    (360) 241-4174
    mike_mooney@comcast.net

Outstanding! Welcome to the adventure!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I have to admit, Collin's plane looks REALLY nice. If I had seen it before I purchased my kit, I would have been strongly tempted. Glad someone who appreciates the craftsmanship bought it!
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Greetings Mike and congratulations! It looked like a fine machine by the listing, and Collin is will known among us as a highly skilled and knowledgeable craftsman.
        I'm just down the road from you in Hood River. Feel free to come up to 4S2 and make me (and the plethora of Top Cubs) jealous!
        Mark
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Welcome aboard Mike. You bought a great plane. Mark

Comment

Welcome mike, enjoy the ride

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, it’s appreciated. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know how many Patrols are flying?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                Mark Goldberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Around 25-26. Maybe a few more. Mark
            Working...
            X