Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA plans build in saskatchewan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA plans build in saskatchewan

My name is Derek Jones from Maple Creek Sk Canada.

I have been dreaming of building an airplane since I was about 12. I hope I have what it takes to make it happen. I have an Aeronca chief to fly while i build so I will be in no rush. I have two kids 3 yrs and 1 yr so hopefully it will be a family affair.

The plans for a bearhawk lsa are in the mail. I need to build a shop this summer so that will delay me a bit but hopefully tinker a bit in the basement in the mean time.

This will be my first airplane build.

Any advice is welcome.

Derek

Welcome Derek! Advice at this point, with two little ones at home? Reconsider a four place. : o )

Comment

Originally posted by marcusofcotton View Post
      Welcome Derek! Advice at this point, with two little ones at home? Reconsider a four place. : o )
      Welcome to the site

This picture below is not mine......thought Id add whats possible with a 4 place...
      image_5790.jpg

If you consider a kit(or parts of) we have a Canadian distributor now ..not far from you...I think he offers demonstration rides...how cool is that!

desert bearhawk has some nice videos to get you started....its for the 4 place...but similar methods

If you have any questions feel free to post them....I`m not that far ahead of you and there are a number of other guys on here at the same stage...

When you have some time to kill...go onto the EAA site and watch their tips for home builders series of videos(or google search them)...watch all of them except the working with wood ones.....they are short videos but give you a good idea of the process...
      Last edited by way_up_north; 02-13-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Hi Derek, welcome aboard. I’m the Canadian rep for Bearhawk so let me know if I can help with anything along the way. My # is 1-306-740-8803 and I’m located east of Regina in Stockholm, SK

Comment

Thank you all. It is good to hear that support is close.
          I stressed over the 4 place vs lsa for a very long time. It came down to a few things. The lsa being way lower gph was a big one. Lighter is good too. I very often land on gravel roads and have to manhandle the tail around. Slightly lower cost and complexity. I actually have an a65 and metal prop that i will probably use for the lsa. I will upgrade after a time to a 100hp something.

I use the plane for checking cows and dropping in on neighbors and giving rides.

If I really take to this airplane building thing and have the money when I am done the lsa, the 4 place will he the next project for sure.

Comment

I imagine you've considered buying a kit, and perhaps opted not to because of the cost, but it might be worthwhile to REconsider a kit or at least as many pre-made components as you can get. Yes, they cost money, but the time savings is big, and the quality is really good.

Comment

Working...
            X