Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol Plans Builder - Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol Plans Builder - Colorado

Hi everybody! I recently picked up Patrol plans set P252 from a friend who has other projects going. I am excited to begin this project, but I know it will be a years-long process for me. I currently own an 1947 Luscombe 8E which I helped restore. I have assisted on a Luscombe 8A restoration project and a Kitfox build as a young man.

I chose this airplane because of it's design and back country/off-airport capability. I intend on keeping this airplane light and simple and having myself an economical, solo, 180 hp modest mountain machine.

I look forward to being a member of this community.
    Bill Schmanski
    Erie, CO - 7CO0
    (303) 520-6171

Welcome Bill! You have landed at a great forum!

Comment

Hi Bill. Sounds like a win win for you and your friend! No parts, just plans?

I did my primary training right over your field 10 years ago. At the time there were lots of engine out options. Now, not as much.

Welcome to the club!
      Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

Welcome Bill! My dad and I restored a 47 8E which we flew for 10 years before I forced the sale of it to build our Bearhawk. Wish we hadn’t sold it.

Good of luck on you Patrol build.
        Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Thanks, Whee. I really love my Luscombe, but I am on the front range of the Rockies and really want to get in there! At least I'll have something that is fun to fly and won't drain my wallet while I get the Patrol going!
          Bill Schmanski
          Erie, CO - 7CO0
          (303) 520-6171

Comment

Working...
          X