Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member - Livingston MT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - Livingston MT

Good evening all! I just ordered the Companion kit and am in disbelief that I finally pulled the trigger on a build. Always wanted to and I think I’ve finally found the aircraft that will fit me.
    The plan is a basic kit with.....
    intermediate size tires
    fairly basic instruments.
    lights all around
    looking at aeromomentum engines with adjustable prop. Still a ways out so that could change
    oretex fabric

In reality...... who knows.

Very excited to get started. My guess is the kit should show in about a month. So hopefully will have the garage set up and ready.

Welcome to the community! My garage was still under construction when I ordered my 4 place kit. It might still be if it wasn't for the build. I spent a lot of time getting the shop set up properly and I'm glad i did. It definitely makes it easier when everything is super organized. I spent the time to build a good rotisserie for the fuselage too. Well worth the time.

Good luck. It's an interesting process for sure. I'm almost 8 months in and enjoying most of the process.
    4-Place QB kit #111. First flight May 2022.
    IO-470 - 260hp

Comment

• chadvmarks
      chadvmarks commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d be curious to see your design for the rotisserie. Just clamp on to the fuselage with rubber protected clamps? Do one for the wings too?

• robcaldwell
      robcaldwell commented
      Editing a comment
      I created a video detailing how I built my Rotisserie: https://youtu.be/1KNeqwyQNQo

Greetings Livingston resident! Probably one of the prettiest places on Earth. Missoula native here.
    Sounds like you've flown enough to know what you want. Congrats on the companion kit. We're all excited to see the first one completed because it's so new.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

• chadvmarks
      chadvmarks commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it here though I think Missoula always puts a smile on my face. Got to love how the mountains make a person feel.
      I’ve got a lot of learning to do and am excited to be started. Heaters coming in tomorrow and I’m ready to get started putting the shop space together.

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing the Companion - that will be a wonderful airplane!

Comment

• chadvmarks
      chadvmarks commented
      Editing a comment
      I also believe it will be. Hoping to be able to fly my daughter around and get her involved in aviation. Be some good memories I think. Building and flying.
Working...
X