Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans just arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans just arrived!

Wow, Bob was super fast on getting the plans sent out to me!

As an introduction - I currently live in Utah. I grew up an Air Force brat -my dad is a retired lifer. So I grew up on small bases all over the west and a few in Europe. Always looking to the sky and dreaming about flying as a kid. Spent hours in the top of the tallest trees watching the Thunderbirds practice at Nellis AFB as a boy. Only fell out once.

Life got complicated and flying has always been put on the back-burner. Now that we are empty nesters and only have 1 grandson to care for it seems that the time has come. Looking forward to the challenge, the trials and the good memories that I'm sure will come from such an ambitious (for me) project.

Thanks to all who have posted here on the forum. I've been reading old posts for months and really, really appreciate the knowledge, tips, and tricks that you all have shared.

Cheers,
    Corey
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Roost; 05-17-2020, 09:28 PM.

Welcome and Good luck!! Building is a whole lot of fun!!! You can't go wrong with the"I've got plans" t-shirt!!! It's my favorite!
    Karl
    Bearhawk Bravo #1508B - Scratch Build (wings)
    Northern Idaho

Comment

Where in Utah are you? I'm in SLC. I have Companion plans - in the middle of a shop build right now. Hopefully starting building in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by NSLaw View Post
        Where in Utah are you? I'm in SLC. I have Companion plans - in the middle of a shop build right now. Hopefully starting building in the next few months.
        Alpine. So not too far.

I'm not building a shop, but I am getting it ready. We insulated the ceiling last weekend.

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
          Gerhard Rieger commented
          Editing a comment
          Excited for you, you are going to enjoy the journey.

Originally posted by Roost View Post

Alpine. So not too far.

I'm not building a shop, but I am getting it ready. We insulated the ceiling last weekend.
        Great - "build" wasn't the appropriate word - I had a 1 car garage that I extended 6' and am adding electrical and insulation. It'll be a small shop but cozy in the winter and cool in the summer. Optimal building!

Comment

Working...
        X