Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Kansas

I've decided to buy some LSA plans and begin familiarizing myself with them with the plan of beginning to build 18 months from now after I finish up some other projects. This will be my first build and will probably be a mix between scratch building and kit. I'm an 80hr pilot with all my time being in 172's at the Cessna Employees Flying Club 20yrs ago. I'm almost to the empty nest phase of life and am ready to build and start flying again.

Welcome, sounds like a good plan!

Comment

You’re further along than I am on the hours flying!
      I’ve been a member on here since 2015 and have just now started my material list. Don’t let it get away from you! Enjoy the journey.
      Bearhawk 4 Place Model B
      Plans #1552
      EAA Chapter 59

Comment

Welcome! Just a suggestion, but you might look at getting some refresher training before you do your BFR to get current. I had to take 2 months off of flight training this spring and getting my flying back to the pre-break level took longer than I expected, can't imagine trying to fly after 20 years off!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfox23
        Patrol plans #398

Comment

• David Swartzendruber
          David Swartzendruber commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I'll definitely need some refresher training. I'm planning to follow that up with a tailwheel endorsement.
      Working...
      X