Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bearhawk builder in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bearhawk builder in South Africa

Hi all,

I just bought a Bearhawk 4 place project which requires some work to be done. Based in South Africa. Lycoming IO540 260HP Model A Bearhawk 4 place. Largest initial modifications I think would be to install a skylight, add the large cargo doors and lastly upgrading the panel to a complete glass panel. Looking forward to getting the project started and in the air.

Kind regards
    Kalahari Bearhawk

Welcome! PeteYoung is up in or around Uganda flying mission work. Maybe you guys could connect sometime. I know it’s quite far away from you, though. He was scratch building a BH in Minnesota, USA, but got a job in Africa and sold his project. Perhaps he can share his experience with you.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

There were some "Bearhawk" fuselages made there in SA with material not spec'd on the plans. The fuselages were also "redesigned". So be careful. Make sure your parts conform to the plans. Mark

Comment

Hi Chris In Milwaukee , thanks for the info, once I get the ball rolling Ill speak to him.

Mark Goldberg , thanks for the heads-up, I will look into it. As far as my knowledge goes the builder got everything signed off by a SACAA inspector. Nevertheless, I will look into it. Visually everything looks good, but will go through the whole aircraft and make sure everything is up to standard.

Comment

Working...
        X