Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco Bay Area, considering first build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco Bay Area, considering first build

Hi all,
    Dave here. Private pilot for many years, flying certificated light singles. Considering a 4 Place QB kit as an alternative to a 182 or Skywagon. It would be my first build. I'm good with engines and electronics, but my attempts at welding have been pretty comical, so the kit route is appealing.

Welcome to the forum! I'm a first time builder too. I'm part way through a QB 4-place. I'm a first time builder and the experience has been great so far. There's a big learning curve for sure but nothing too bad so far. I figure if I started again I'd be at the same point I'm at now in less than half the time but that's ok. I'm good with mechanical systems but the electronics are new to me so I'm looking forward and dreading that part at the same time.
    4-Place QB kit #111. First flight May 2022.
    IO-470 - 260hp

Comment

• rodsmith
      rodsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      Tim, get Robert Nuckolls, Aeroelectric Connection book before you start wiring (aeroelectric.com). You may want to join his online group also to ask questions. That resource has helped me so much. There are several outfits that will wire your avionics for you if you aren't comfortable with that.
Working...
X